Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother's Day Calendar

Good Morning! It's Wednesday!

Life can throw some interesting things into the mix that you don't expect. Sunday, my dad, who's 80, checked his blood pressure at Walmart at the blood pressure machine that they have. He usually pays attention only to the blood pressure numbers, but Sunday, he noticed that his pulse was really erratic. I mean REALLY erratic! It was ranging from 40 to 140 in a very short time. He told mom, who told me and my younger brother who's an Emergency Medical Tech. Between the 3 of us, we actually convinced him to go to the doctor. He wouldn't go to the emergency room, but he would go to the doctor. So mom called the doctor Monday morning at 8:30 and my dad had an appointment 30 minutes later. Before my dad ever left the doctor's office, he had 2 appointments for stress tests, one for Tuesday (yesterday) and for today. Yep, the doctor was not goofing around!

Yesterday, my parents and I went to the hospital for his first day of stress tests. His heart rate would not stabilize for too long and the doctor decided to keep him, at least over night. So I went to their house, took their dog out for a walk, got the stuff mom gave me a list for packed up, and took it back to the hospital. They both were having dinner when I got back to the hospital, and one of his 2 nurses came in to give him some of his meds. One was to keep blood clots from forming, I think it's called Lomax. The other med he was given was Digoxin, which is for heart problems. Here's the definition of what it does from Wikipedia:  "Digoxin is widely used in the treatment of various heart conditions, namely atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter and sometimes heart failure that cannot be controlled by other medication."
Well, his dose of this med didn't do too much for bringing down his heart rate much. while the nurse was giving him his Digioxin, his heart rate was fluctuating . I left a few minutes later, and it was still over 120.

He has his second stress test this morning at 10:30. But something tells me, and has been telling me since I found out Sunday that his heart rate was all over the map, that he may be having a pace maker put in before the week is up. So could you say a prayer for my parents?? I'm concern and, yes, I'm very scared.

Today, is a pretty Mother's Day themed calendar for your desk top. I'm not going to put it on 4Shared, but you can click on it to make it larger, then right click and save as to your computer. It's 1024x768.

Have a GREAT day! Chat with you Friday!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment