Friday, April 6, 2012

It's Good Friday

It's Good Friday, and the grand kids are home from school for a 3 day weekend. I'm going to get to things this weekend that I've had to put off for about 3 weeks because of traveling and helping my parents. Not that getting stuff a little more organized is really what I want to do for the weekend, but it's an on going process that needs to get done. And now that my son's friend has his stuff out of our basement, I can get to it and get it the way I want it. It's been hard to get organized when someone else has had their stuff where I need to put mine/ours.

Well, the weather is back to spring time temps here! YEA! I'm sure that some of the farmers in the area that have already planted are not happy about that. I hope that last night's temps in the low-mid 30's didn't damage the crops they have planted too badly, as the farmers here got rather antsy about planting with the temps in the 80's for the last couple of weeks. Not a wise idea on their part, and truthfully, they really should have known better! The temps for the next few days is supposed to be about normal, and the night temps are going to range from the low 30's to the low 40's. Not good on the crops that have been planted already, but it seems that some of the farmers in this area these days have lost the sense to wait until at least the end of April, into early May, to do their planting. I've actually seen it snow in early May for pity sakes.....on my birthday to be exact, which is the 7th. So trying to get a jump on planting season is not very smart and can be very costly....especially when seed corn can go for $100 or more, and some of the crop insurance companies won't cover crop loss due to freezing if the crops are planted before a certain date in April. When my dad was farming, he didn't start planting anything until early May! Smart man my dad! He wasn't in a huge hurry to plant because it would have been more work for him to replant a whole field, not to mention expensive. I'm praying that the crops didn't get damaged enough to have to replant, but I don't think that the harvest will be as big as it would have been had they waited until later, like the end of April, to plant.

I've got purple papers and frames to share with you today. Here is a sample of what's in the file:





Here is the 4Shared link for these frames and papers. If you have any problems with the link, please leave me a note in the comments and I'll fix it.
http://www.4shared.com/rar/YJYRv1Ab/Purples.html
Have a GREAT weekend and a Blessed Easter.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment